Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Native Austinite

I wanted to tell you all about our swimming forays. Here in Austin, even though it's dang hot, we have some great swimming holes. Ezra and I have been going to Deep Eddy. It's a spring fed pool, but very slightly treated. It's a beautiful setting: right by the Colorado River, in a park with many Pecan trees.

On Saturday Ezra was inagurated at Barton Springs, an Austin institution! It's a HUGE spring fed pool. The bottom is a rock shelf and there is certainly plant life and little critters there too. It's hills are beautiful places to spend a hot summer's day.

I remember meeting my friend Lorrie there last summer just after I had found out that I was pregnant and swimming and thinking of the little critter that would be joining us. I swam there alot last summer and told Ezra that I would bring him there when he was born and I hope he liked it. We came full circle!

We met a bunch of friends there that day for his inagural dip. The water is a great 68 degrees F the whole year long, so it's perfect for a summer TX day. The boy liked it and was fascinated by the water and the other swimmers. We were making our way in near where there is a diving board and there was lots of action. Lanell took pictures, but we haven't gotten them from her yet. I'll post as soon as I can.

No comments: