Happy 6 month birthday to Ezra Omani! In stature, he is larger than his age and in spirit he is living large! For his 1/2 birthday, we went to the UT children's lab and participated in a graduate student's thesis work. See pictures of electrodes attached to Ezra's head. It was an interesting experience. We found out that the grad student in child development is not much of a kid person. Neither is her 19 year old assistant who asked in Ezra could talk or walk yet.
In other news, Ezra is wanting to crawl REALLY badly. He is getting super frustrated when he tries to go forwards and seems only to head backwards. Pulling himself up is also fun and frustrating.
New sounds are "nay nay nay" and something that sounds like a breathy "da da da da." There is a different mouth movement almost every day. See photos for some of those.
Eric and I agree that we feel in the groove of being his mommy and daddy. We are loving every second and feel very lucky and fortunate.
Last weekend I felt what I can only describe as "caught up." I cleaned the whole house, asnwered all the email I wanted to, put bills in the mail or paid them online, had a fully stocked pantry, and had laundry done. WOW. Those times will surely be rare, but it felt pretty nice.
Friday, August 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment